Re: [SLE] SuSE interview Greg Mancusi-Ungaro
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:33:58 +0100
> > Subject: Re: [SLE] SuSE interview Greg Mancusi-Ungaro
> >

> > Please, just tell people to use KDE.
> >
> > Linus
> > ------------------
> >
> > Good enough for me ;)
>
> yes, and Nat's reply at:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2005-December/msg00025.html
>
> sets a tone that I prefer.
>
> I think this "KDE vs Gnome" thing is tribal. And it's
> counter-productive. As I said earlier, at this point I prefer KDE,
> also. But for people to say things like "gnome sux, it's worthless and
> plague" is just ... dumb.
>
> Any sentient being can see that gnome is, like KDE, a strong though
> not-perfect desktop. Some people don't like the gnome
> approach/appearance/functionality, etc ... others do.
>
> There is a difference between "this sux" and "I don't prefer this".
>
> Seems to me that more people in the linux community would benefit from
> noticing the distinction.

Gnome always reminds me of that god awfull Gem desktop stuff that came with
Amstrad PC1640's all on 5.25 floppys

Yukk ..

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed their emblem from a rose to a condom as
it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next
generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of
security while you are actually being fucked.

from GSM

< Previous Next >