logdigest and mail problem
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:20:09 -0400
Hey list,

I have two SUSE Linux 9.3 Professional machines here. I have log digest set
up on both of them, and on the one I installed first, I have the logdigest
app sending me logs and things each night, and it sends them to this email
address.

I like sending them to another machine that way if someone broke in, I'd
still have off site logs.

I just installed another fresh install and set up everything, but when log
digest runs on this machine, I get undeliverable mail in the mail box, and
it says it's because Comcast requires a valid sender domain or something
like that in the RCPT.

I don't understand why it works perfect on the first machien but not on
this one. I'm fairly sure I configured them exactly the same, and the mail
area, I set that up exact too.

Last night I spent quit some time in /etc looking for differences in the
two configurations and brarely found anything.

Both machines send logs to the exact same email address, both machinesa re
set up using YAST2 to configure mail, both are set up the same way there
too, and both machines use Mutt for two accounts, and Kmail for another.

Any help is appreciated, and I'd REALLY like it if someone could tell me
if they ahve comcast for an ISP and use this set up.

Comcast is my ISP, both machines are sending their logs to the same
account, except for some reasno, one works, the other doesn't and I don't
know why really.

Any help is appreciated. I haven't run into this problem much before so I'm
not sure where to start.

I loaded YAST2 up on both machines and went over each section to make sure
the configuration on this machine was the same as the other and it was...
I'm seriously stuck here.

-Allen

< Previous Next >