Re: [SLE] logdigest and mail problem
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:35:08 -0400
On Friday 12 May 2006 3:20 pm, Allen wrote:

> I just installed another fresh install and set up everything, but when
> log digest runs on this machine, I get undeliverable mail in the mail
> box, and it says it's because Comcast requires a valid sender domain or
> something like that in the RCPT.
Comcast, like most ISPs has a certain amount of security so that people
cannot use its servers for SPAM and other purposes.
One question is what do you use for your MTA, Postfix or Sendmail.
Here are some clues for Postfix. Take a look at the Postfix main,.cf file
(/etc/postfix/main.cd)
When this is set up under YaST, it places its parameteres at the end of the
file. This is from my system at home (changing my own domain to
foo.bar.com).
myhostname = foo.bar.com
relayhost = [smtp.comcast.net]
# actually, while this works, I think the foo hostname is probably not
# supposed to be there.
masquerade_domains = bar.net, foo.bar.com

There are some YAST parameters for setting this up via YAST.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group