Mozilla & text/plain attachments
  • From: Zvone Zagar <zvone.zagar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:34:22 +0200
Hi,

I came across of rather annoying mozilla's feature. I need to change the
way mozilla opens the attachment
with text/plain MIME type. If I change
'Edit/Preferences/Navigator/Helper Applications - Edit or New - and
I chooese for text/plain MIME type let's say yudit or nedit (at the
final stage - pipe through sed) I get
'Mozilla can handle this type internally. For such types, a Helper
Application' will only be invoked if the
server requests external handling'. I select 'Proceed anyway'!! The
final 'if' makes me a bit nervous.
It seems to me that a mail server should change the message header ? Any
clue.
I currently use SuSE 9.0 and 9.3 (Mozilla 1.7.10 and 1.7.12).
I am aware of that I should post the essage to mozilla mailing list, but
I am convinced that out there are
SuSE experts with a clue.

Regards Zvone Zagar

  • No further messages