Re: [SLE] xorg security update breaks ATI driver
  • From: Peter Onion <Peter.Onion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:08:01 +0100
On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 22:28 -0600, Buddy Coffey wrote:

> I believe the patch instructions said you had to replace the default "radeon" with "fglrx" in your xorg.conf file.
> When I did that, my ATI driver was restored.

Phew ! Glad I read this before running YOU this morning :-) I saved
xorg.xonf before and replaced it afterwards. Diff showed the only
changes were "fglrx" was replaced with "radeon".

What would have happened to that useful message if I had set up
automatic updates ? I assume such messages get saved somewhere ?

Peter

< Previous Next >