Re: [SLE] restarting on hp notebook
  • From: Michal Hlavac <hlavki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:12:37 +0200
Michal Hlavac wrote / napĂ­sal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I installed suse 10.1 on my notebook HP Compaq nx6125 with AMD Turion
> 64bit.
> Restarting during installation was ok...
>
> But after installation restarting doesn't work. It means, when I run:
> shutdown -r now OR init 6
>
> everything is going good... services are shutted down... but when message
> "Please stand by while the system is restarting" is written, nothing
> happens...
>
> I read on google that there is a problem with acpi and computer is going
> into stand by mode.
>
> Is there some way how to fix this???

Nobody has this problem??? installed suse 10.1 on HP notebook and when
writes "Please stand by while the system is restarting" caps lock and
num lock blinks and then freeze...

I found in google that change in menu.lst (add reboot=b) but no changes...

It is possible that it is kernel bug??? I tried another live cd and
there is no problem with reboot...

thanks, miso