Re: [SLE] Configuring Apache for php on SuSE 9.3 Pro
  • From: peter <apvx95@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:28:29 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

OK, let's recap for a second -
you're using apache 2.x.5x and you're having problems getting it to run
PHP. PHP code is being served as PHP code instead of being interpreted
and turned into plain HTML.
I have Apache2 version 9.0.54-0.1.

In htdocs, I have a file called index.php and one called self.php. The contents of index.php are just a call to print, saying "Hello World!" (unsurprisingly). The contents of self.php are just a call to phpinfo().

If I type:

http://localhost/

into Firefox, then nothing is returned (View Source returns a blank screen).

If I add the filename to the URL (either index.php) or (self.php), then Firefox just puts up a dialog asking me what program I want to use to open the file - and suggests a text editor.

Which PHP version are you using - 4 or 5?

php4.3.10.14

apche2-mod_php4.3.10-14.2

Try commenting out your <IfModule sapi_apache2.c> directives, and see
what happens.
The result is the same, I'm afraid. I had actually tried it already.

Cheers

Peter