Re: [SLE] Switching keys
  • From: "Theo v. Werkhoven" <twe-suse.e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 13:01:09 +0200
Sat, 13 May 2006, by sam3334@xxxxxxxxx:

> Hi there,
>
> Would someone know how to switch the assigned value of
> two keyboard keys? For example, "M" for "O" and
> [shift+M] for [shift+O].
>
> Not being a programmer, I hope to find a GUI sort of
> program that would allow me to do the above. On the PC
> and Mac, Startly Technologies' Quickeys would nicely
> fit the bill. What about SuSE Linux?

Try xkeycaps.
You might need to search for a (simular) keyboard in 'Select
keyboard' though.
Right-click on a key and change to what you want. Then click 'write
output' in the main window and save the changes or the complete
Xmodmap.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E. + ICQ: 277217131