Re: [SLE] Re: SUSE 10.1 apt pkgs?
  • From: "Ben Rosenberg" <red.kryptonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 13:18:19 -0500
On 5/13/06, Michael Nelson <michaelnel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I installed the 10.1 apt stuff on my newly installed 10.1 system and ran
apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade. I was amazed to watch it proceed to
update 606 (334MB worth) packages! That seems like a helluva lot of
packages to upgrade a couple days after release.

Happens every single time... when one major set of pkgs is compile
after there has been a gold master done.. nothing has changed...
except that the "base" directory is up quicker then normal. It use to
take 60 days for SUSE to put the whole distro up so that "base" could
be added. When that was the case the amount of downloads were even
more then with this release. Now that you've sync'ed up apt and 10.1
it should be a little smaller.

-Ben

--
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than
another, faith is the truth of nothing.

< Previous Next >