Re: [SLE] Media mount failure when adding new installation source from DVD?
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:18:30 -0600
On 07/05/06 13:04, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> <snip>
>
> DVD drive is a Liteon brand model: DVDROM R-DL and RW drive. More
> details I could probably get from the box although no model numbers
> seem to be specified.
> CD drive is also a Liteon however read only at 48x. CDROM was in the
> machine when 9.2 was installed DVDROM wasn't as it has only just been
> added. The DVD was setected by SuSEPlugger and installed as above.
>
> What am I missing to get this drive working before 10.1 is ordered and
> delivered?

Check in Yast to see that the device links /dev/cdrom and
/dev/dvdrecorder are to the proper real devices /dev/hd*. If you changed
where the CD is connected when installing the DVD, the links might not
have been properly modified.

Carl's suggestion is also possibly the correct one, but if so would be
(IMHO) a rather strange requirement.

At least this isn't at all like <the operating system from Redmond>,
where the install device's drive letter remains what it was when the
installation was done, no matter what you do to give it a different
drive letter (maybe they got this one figured out in the latest version,
but that would surprise me).

< Previous Next >