No broadcast?
  • From: "Jeff Rollin" <jeff.rollin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 03:09:53 +0100
Hi all

I am having trouble getting X -broadcast to work in SuSE 10.0. I have set
kdm to allow remote logins, opened port 6000, and even disabled the
"-nolisten tcp" option in /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc, but X is still
listed in "ps" as being called with the option "-nolisten tcp", and
attempting to "X -broadcast :1" just brings up a blank Xserver with the
default X cursor

Help! (Please ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Jeff.

Argument against Linux number 6,033:

"...So this is like most Linux viruses. You have to download the virus
yourself, become root, install it and then run it. Seems like a lot of work
just to experience what you can get on Windows with a lot less trouble."
  • No further messages