Re: [SLE] where to find these packages? Novell website said they are part of 10.0 but not on my discs
  • From: "Greg Freemyer" <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:40:14 -0400
On 5/17/06, Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 02:24, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> Hello, I installed SuSE 10.0 with 5 CDROMs. Some packages were said to be
> part of SuSE 10.0 (by novell website), but are not found by using YAST.
>
> Example: gftp, bluefish
>
> try search Novell, gftp should be in /suse/i586/gftp-2.0.18.7.i568.rpm and
> bluefish also should exist. But I searched all 5 CDROMs, there are no such
> rpm. Or perhaps my 5 CDROM version is not complete?

Hi Zhang Weiwu,

Nice to hear from you again! How is your dog? :-)

There were too many packages to fit on the CD set. If you download the
DVD .iso image, you will find all the packages there. I don't believe that
10.0 has ever been set up for direct ftp installation, so it isn't possible
to download the individual packages. Another option would be to look for the
packages you want at these sites:

Suser-guru:
http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/index.php

Packman:
http://packman.links2linux.com/

These are SUSE community members who provide rpms as a service to others in
the community. I'm fairly certain the Guru has both gftp and bluefish
available for 10.0.

Take care and pet your dog for me!

regards,

Carl

You can also add the below to Yast as sources for 10.0 RPMS.

I think everything that is OSS and missing from the CDs is at one of the below.

mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source-java
mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source

Of course you can use any mirror.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer