Re: [SLE] Retail SUSE vs OpenSUSE
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:26:18 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2006-05-17 at 09:00 -0400, suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > If I don't get something extra that I can't obtain for free, why should I
> > buy any of it?
>
> It's called support.

Their support, or my support? (ie, my supportig them as a bussiness).

If it is the former, yes, they do include installation support. But only
that, installation, and, as I can be considered an expert, if _I_ have a
problem it will not be covered. So, their installation support is useless
for me.

> I download it first, if I like it, I go and buy it. That way the people that
> did the work can get paid and eat.

If I buy, I want something I can show and justify the expense. A dvd alone
is not enough, sorry.

It is their choice what they include in the box. It is mine to accept it
or not, as a consumer.

> If you don't support SUSE, they may fade away... Then what will you have?

They themselves say that they don't make mone out of boxes sales, that
they don't do it for that reason.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson