Re: [SLE] [10.1] Planar PNR19 LCD
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:16:45 -0400
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 12:56, Greg wrote:
> I tried LCD 1280x1024, but I cant seem to change anything regarding
> the monitor via YaST2/SaX2, when I click on the save or cancel button,
> the screen goes blank with a short
> white line (like a cursor prompt space), in the top left hand corner
> and I have to hard reboot.
>
> Also, in 10.1, in interface is different in that you can no longer
> specify the supported ranges of resolution (unlike 9.x) ...

I'm running 10.1 and the resolution switcher applet that I pointed you to
instead of YaST.

When the SaX2 GUI opens, in the left pane 'Monitor' should be highlighted and
the right pane should list your card and monitor settings.

If you click 'Change...' on the listed monitor, the 'Vendor and Name
Selection' list should appear on the left and a list of resolutions on the
right.

There are also tabs for specifying 'Display Size' and 'Sync Frequencies'.

Try scrolling down to the generic vendor "-->VESA" and then either
1280x1024@60Hz or @75Hz (lesser quality with small fonts.)

Select the 'Display Size' tab and set it to 19" at an aspect ratio of 5:4

Select the Sync Frequencies tab and insert the ranges that I suppled in my
that went "missing" after 9.3 (I just noticed this, btw)

Click 'OK' and in the first window (displaying 'Card' and 'Monitor') verify
the resolution is still 1280x1024 and the colors are set to 24-bit or 16.7
million colors. Click 'OK' again and there *should* be a test/adjust routine
prior to you saving the settings.

Carl