Re: [SLE] where to find these packages? Novell website said they are part of 10.0 but not on my discs
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:42:53 -0600
On 17/05/06 09:28, Carl Hartung wrote:
>On Wednesday 17 May 2006 11:12, you wrote:
>
>>the wiki gives the most usable mirrors
>>jdd
>>

>Addendum to All,
>
>I am alternating between 10.0 and 10.1 discussions and getting thoroughly
>confused in the process. :-)
>
>The retail equivalent of 10.0 cannot be downloaded from the net, we all agree.

Then what is in
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/10.0/SUSE-Linux10.0-GM-Extra? It looks
to be all the non-OSS stuff, including Sun java. All very confusing,
really -- with apparently 3 repositories needed just to get the
equivalent of the boxed set (and that still doesn't get you far --
Packman at least is still needed), far too confusing.

10.1 is a little better; it has a GM-extra directory also at suse.com,
but it looks to be unnecessary. All of this now seems to be in the
inst-source-extra repository on the opensuse mirrors. Packman still
needed, though.

< Previous Next >