Re: [SLE] ip changing
  • From: Hans Krueger <hanskrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:07:24 -0400
Carl Hartung wrote:
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 10:53, Hans Krueger wrote:
how you been

I've been great, Hans. I haven't been back to the donut shop since our last visit there. John's added a pub so we'll have to check it out sometime! :-)

I'm setting a new web,ftp,e-mail server and using static ip
I go to login from another machine or do any thing and it's not their
set in front of it and check it's ip and it's change all by it's self
it's not tied to the out side world yet
ghost I guess
I never run into this new to me

I've just checked the YaST ('Network Devices>Network Card') module and the first screen offers 'User Controlled with NetworkManager' and 'Traditional Method with ifup' options. I selected 'traditional' and my static IP hasn't changed. If I select to edit the device, under the 'Address' tab, "Static Address Setup" is checked... which is where I set it during installation.

Are you saying you've made this setting and it isn't 'sticking'?

Carl

>yes the traditional method
>I'm trying the other way right now will know by morning

it seems to stay now
how's your knowledge with imap and squirrel mail

--

Hans Krueger
hanskrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxx

registered Linux user 289023