Re: [SLE] Permanant bridge
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:55:23 -0500
On 5/18/06, Ken Schneider <suse-list2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's not quite as simple as that. Look at the following:

yes, I am studying skeleton right now, trying to get a handle on it.
It looks as though, for most services, the "required start/stop" and
"should start/stop" are pretty straight-foreward. Does the local file
system need to be up? Does a remote file system need to be up? Does
the network need to be up? etc ...

I am a little confused about whether every section HAS to be done for
each service you want to start. For example:

# Check for missing binaries (stale symlinks should not happen)
# Note: Special treatment of stop for LSB conformance
FOO_BIN=/usr/sbin/FOO
test -x $FOO_BIN || { echo "$FOO_BIN not installed";
if [ "$1" = "stop" ]; then exit 0;
else exit 5; fi; }

# Check for existence of needed config file and read it
FOO_CONFIG=/etc/sysconfig/FOO
test -r $FOO_CONFIG || { echo "$FOO_CONFIG not existing";
if [ "$1" = "stop" ]; then exit 0;
else exit 6; fi; }

# Read config
. $FOO_CONFIG

Do I HAVE to do this testing for each service? And, what if the
service/program does not have a particular config file? Or, what if
the service finds it's config file on it's own? Do I still need to
complete this section? Or, can I comment it all out?

Peter