Re: [SLE] [10.1] Planar PNR19 LCD
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 18:10:57 -0400
On Thursday 18 May 2006 17:47, Greg wrote:
> At the moment the display is defaulting to TTP Monitor 15" which
> although seems ok, the scrolling aspect doesnt seem quite right. And I
> cant seem to change/specify anything about monitor because when
> testing the settings I have to reboot the machine as it wont save or
> cancel correctly.

Hi Greg,

Let's try a few experiments:

Experiment 'A'
1. Log out of your desktop (close session only)
2. Ctl+Alt+F1 (switch to tty1 console)
3. log in as root
4. run "init 3" to shut down kdm and X
5. run "sax2 -r" to reinitialize the hardware detection from scratch.
6. Try configuring it to VESA 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz
Note: If X freezes at any point, a Ctl+Alt+Bkspc will crash it (X) and drop
you back to command line.
7. If you succeed, when you're back at the command line, run "init 5 && exit"
to exit your root login and switch back to run level 5.

Experiment 'B'
1. same procedure for dropping to run level 3 and logging in as root.
2. run "sax2 -V" 0:1280x1024@60"
3. same as 6 & 7, above (save settings, if successful, and return to desktop)

Experiment 'C'
1. same procedure for dropping to run level 3 and logging in as root
2. run "sax2 -p > /somepathhere/sax2pciagpprobe.txt"
3. run "chown greg:users /somepathhere/sax2-pci-agp-probe.txt"
Note: #2 = select a convenient path for SaX2 to create the file. #3 changes
the file's ownership to yourself as normal user so you can email it.
4. send me the probe results file

regards,

Carl