Re: [SLE] Media mount failure when adding new installation source from DVD?
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:28:42 -0600
On 18/05/06 07:09, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> Darryl Gregorash wrote:
>
>> Carl's suggestion is also possibly the correct one, but if so would be
>> (IMHO) a rather strange requirement.
> I thought so too, but stranger things happen to the Redmond OS :)
> Do you think my theory on the hardware master slave settings has merit?
Have you had a chance to check this? I would not expect it to be the
case, though; in my experience, the best you can expect is that the BIOS
will simply wind up ignoring that IDE port -- if it doesn't hang the system.

Personally, I would just delete the two devices in Yast, then reinstall
them. That's always worked for me, whenever things start behaving
strangely.

< Previous Next >