fetchmail setup problem or is it the ISP?
  • From: "C. Brouerius van Nidek" <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 17:14:08 +0700
It is now some days ago that my post was not downloaded from one of my
ISP(pop.indo.net.id). I have looked at the instructions in the fetchmail.rc
and they worked up to now and they seem fine. My connection is via an ADSL
router. I am now trying to get my mail (only 34 email because I get my Suse
email via gmail ;))via Kmail but also there seems to be a problem. If I start
up my dial up modem and kinternet I can get my mail. I could of course try to
get an answer from my ISP but the chance to get something workable is very
low.

My fetchmail.rc instruction is as follows:

# Edit carefully, see /usr/share/doc/packages/yast2-mail/fetchmailrc.txt
poll "pop.indo.net.id" protocol AUTO : user "constant" there with password
"xxxxxx" is "cons" here ;
poll "pop.gmail.com" with proto pop3 timeout 50, and tracepolls
user "cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx" there with password "yyyyyy" is "cons"
here,fetchall ssl