Re: [SLE] 10.1 bittorrent
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 15:15:59 +0200
On Saturday 20 May 2006 15:02, Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 12:46 +0200, jdd sur free wrote:
> > Mike McMullin wrote:
> > > I noticed after burning the .iso images to disk and checking them
> > > with YaST that two of the disk images (#'3 and 4) had bad md5sums. I
> > > reburned one .iso and rechecked it and it still failed. I burned the
> > > fifth disk and it passed. I assume my two .iso files are faulty.
> > >
> > > Can I replace the faulty .iso files in the directory that my
> > > bitttorrent client points to and have others get the correct .iso's or
> > > do I need to make a torrent?
> >
> > are you sure the download is finished? I was thinking
> > bittorrent did a md5sum before ending
>
> Yes, it had finished two days ago and I was finally burning the
> individual disks to do an upgrade on a CD-Drive only system. I burn and
> then I check the md5sums.

Why not check the iso's against the SL-10.1/iso/MD5SUMS file *first*, to be
sure you've got uncorrupted files?

Of course you can check the md5sum from the burned iso too, after burning. But
by /assuming/ you've got uncorrupted files (instead of verifying them) you
can't be sure if the downloading went wrong or the burning went wrong. ;)

Cheers,

Leen