Re: [SLE] General comments about 10.1 retail (box)
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp-lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 18:08:37 +0200
On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 11:19 -0400, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> 2) madwifi has gone missing (that's pretty serious)
[snip]

So what do we get in the retail box that we don't get between the 5 OSS
CDs and the extra non-OSS CDs?

I burned a significant part of my monthly bandwidth quota to download
the OSS version, and I like it and have almost everything I need so far
(still busy hacking on it). I was going to buy the retail box when it
finally hit our shores, but now I don't know.

madwifi is one of only a handful of things I haven't gotten around to
setting up yet, and one of the reasons I buy the box - so I don't have
to mess with building kernel modules...

Hans