Re: [SLE] General comments about 10.1 retail (box)
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:23:16 -0400
On Saturday 20 May 2006 12:08 pm, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 11:19 -0400, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > 2) madwifi has gone missing (that's pretty serious)
>
> [snip]
>
> So what do we get in the retail box that we don't get between the 5 OSS
> CDs and the extra non-OSS CDs?
>
> I burned a significant part of my monthly bandwidth quota to download
> the OSS version, and I like it and have almost everything I need so far
> (still busy hacking on it). I was going to buy the retail box when it
> finally hit our shores, but now I don't know.
>
> madwifi is one of only a handful of things I haven't gotten around to
> setting up yet, and one of the reasons I buy the box - so I don't have
> to mess with building kernel modules...
>
> Hans

I can't really tell you the difference. I don't really want to download all
that stuff, and I like to support SuSE with my purchase. But I'll admit that
the box is becoming less and less desirable. I was running 9.3 on my laptop
and was waiting to bring it up to 10.1. Lots of work to do to accomplish
that, including madwifi.

< Previous Next >