Re: [SLE] Can't Boot Init 5 with Suse 10 OSS
  • From: James Wright <jwright01@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 14:26:15 -0400
Carl Hartung wrote:
On Saturday 20 May 2006 11:15, James Wright wrote:
Ok, it was a real PITA, but I got the BIOS updated. I somehow corrupted
Server 2003, spent a couple of hours trying to fix that, then gave up.
I installed XP Pro to create the ROM update diskette (no floppy drives
except the machine I am working on). The new BIOS was created 7/13/99,
so it isn't exactly new. I have started re-installing Suse 10, the
first disk finished, computer rebooted, and froze at "Starting syslog
services" again. I am currently finishing the install via failsafe
mode, but it appears that I am going to be having the same problem.

Hi James,

How much are you charging yourself per hour? :-)

not enough ;-)
Does your system match the specs on the following page?

http://developer.novell.com/yes/75843.htm

Carl
Not quite, I believe that my cpu's are 450mhz, and an Elsa graphics card. Something that I noticed just now, is my dmesg came from the computer running in failsafe. Failsafe boot options include nosmp and maxcpu=0. This may have led me (us) in the wrong direction. I am starting to believe that the problem lies with the graphics card. Windows XP and Suse 10 determine that the card is NVidia TNT2/TNT2 Pro. I can get 1280x1024 in XP.
- James W.

< Previous Next >