Re: [SLE] Can't Boot Init 5 with Suse 10 OSS
  • From: James Wright <jwright01@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 23:45:23 -0400
Carl Hartung wrote:
Fortunately, being able to operate at run level 3 makes diagnostics and configuration 'tweaking' a lot easier. Ready to 'start over' with some targeted diagnostics?

Carl
I am ready to rock and/or roll ;-). Sorry about the flood of information. Had I realized that the nosmp and maxcpu settings were being applied when booting into safemode I would have realized that this was a graphics problem. Just to add some info, the BIOS has a setting for IRQs. I will have to look to see what I can actually change, but everything was set to IRQ 11. I seem to remember that I could either use IRQ 11 or change that setting to 'Disable', I don't think that I could actually change which IRQ was being used for each individual piece of hardware. I am ready to follow any advice, tests, ect. Thanks for being so helpful. I see that you jump into a lot of threads with some great advice.
- James W.