Kodak Easyshare 340 not detected
  • From: "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 06:34:08 +0200
Greetings,

I have a PC with Suse 10.1 beta (*). When I plug in this digital
camera in the front USB port nothing happens. It isn't detected by
gtkam or any other similar application (even if that exact model *is*
listed among the supported cameras), it doesn't show in dmesg, nothing
at all I can see. The same USB port works just fine in SUSE when I use
it with portable usb drives.

What could the problem be? How can I at least collect more information
to figure out what is (not) happening?

TIA,
Marco

(*) which I cannot upgrade in full or replace for a few weeks for
several reasons unrelated with this issue, or even Linux in general...

--
Marco Fioretti mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 5 for low memory http://www.rule-project.org/

Real Programmers don't play tennis, or any other sport that requires
you to change clothes. Mountain climbing is OK, and real programmers
wear their climbing boots to work in case a mountain should suddenly
spring up in the middle of the machine room.