suse 10.1: usbhub over-current warning message
  • From: Anders Kaestner <anders.kaestner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:17:52 +0200
Hi,

I recently installed SuSE 10.1 on a computer, the installation went on without problem but upon restart
my screen was filled with the message

hub 2-0:1.0: over-current change on port 1 (actually flipping between 1 and 2)

the system starts but
/var/log/message is rapidly filled
the network adapter is not found (initially during install it was found)

This did not happen with the RC1 and happens even if no usbdevices are connected

Motherboard
http://www.ibase-i.com.tw/mb800.htm

Extra equipment:
Network adapter : Linksys EG1032 (I tried to remove it)

Can this be corrected with different settings or a bios upgrade?

Anders

  • No further messages