SuSE 10.1 Movies/Videos
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:35:34 -0600
I've fresh installed SuSE 10.1 (32-bit) on an x86_64 laptop, as a test
install. As usual, there were only a few minor technical problems but a
bunch of major legal problems. I don't seem to be able to
identify/locate all the software I need in order to make the laptop play
movies/videos. Most of the howtos that I've located seem to refer to
some ancient distro version, 7.2 or something like that. Can anyone
point me to a recent howto for installing video software on a SuSE Linux
10.1 box, preferably using only rpms. (I'm not real good at compiling
from source.) As a minor whine, I thought that the software I seek would
be available on the DVD, but apparently not. In short, I'm frustrated
and completely lost. Any assistance will be sincerely appreciated.

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules