Re: [SLE] RANT: Advantages of Dual Core
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:09:53 +0200 (CEST)

The Saturday 2006-05-27 at 08:28 +0200, Orn E. Hansen wrote:

> However, now when I write this, my machine is doing this horrible update of
> all manuals, which nobody reads anymore.

I do.

> And rebuilding the structure of the
> entire files system (exageration, running several recursive finds), for what
> purpose only geniuses can figure.

Then I must be a genius :-P

It runs "updatedb", so that you can later run "locate". If you don't want
it, uninstall findutils-locate...rpm (it is not installed by default, you
selected it manually), or dissable the automatic update - but I will not
tell you how, I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader :-P

The other search is the cleanup of leftovers temporary files and
coredumps, if any.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson