Re: [SLE] RANT: Advantages of Dual Core
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 17:18:24 -0700
Hi, Carlos,

On Saturday 27 May 2006 15:50, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Saturday 2006-05-27 at 23:00 +0200, Orn E. Hansen wrote:
> > Oh, I've turned the feature off ... usually I just do a "rm
> > -f /etc/cron.*/*" it's much simpler really ... bummer is, it's
> > being recreated every time I update. Maybe someday I'll figure out
> > how to "ln -sd /etc/cron.* void".
>
> Ah... so, someday you will notice that your log files use hundred of
> megabytes and they do not rotate. Or that some fonts do not work
> correctly. Or that your tmp directories are full. Or...
>
> Ok, it's your machine. But don't complain later.

As I like to say, after deleting some element of your computer's
operating system because it offended you, go out to your car, open the
hood and select a part, say, one whose shape bothers you, and rip it
out. Doing that would rightly seem absurd to people, yet they'll do the
equivalent to their computers with hardly a second thought.

It's hard enough to make computers work well without having them
sabotaged by their owners!

> --
> Cheers,
> Carlos Robinson