Re: [SLE] Thunderbird Mozilla-Mail and MSN
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:10:02 +1000
Clint Tinsley wrote:
Anyone know of how to make SuSE's Thunderbird work with MSN's secure authentication protocol on POP3/SMTP. Mozilla-Mail 1.7.13 on Linux which I have been using and works great but Thunderbird 1.5 on SuSE 10.1 will not authenticate using SA. I have moved all my inbox and local folders over from Mozilla-Mail to Thunderbird on SuSE 10.1 but I am currently at a brick wall because without Secure Authentication (SA) which is required for using MSN's POP3/SMTP services. TIA.

You have looked at View Settings for this Account/Security//Certificates (possibly Import) and Server Settings - Use Secure authentication?

Cheers.

--
Ignorance can be corrected. Stupidity is permanent.