Re: [SLE] KVM switch?
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 12:27:22 +0100
On 27/05/06, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:
> On 5/26/06, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Greg Freemyer wrote:
>>
>> > Do the KVMs with USB mice work good with most models of KVM? Any
>> > issues getting into BIOS etc. with a USB mice? I really haven't used
>> > them much.
>>
>> I haven't any experience with a USB switch, but I've heard they don't
>> have the same mouse problem. How often do you use a mouse in the BIOS
>> settings?
>>
> I could be all wet, but I _assumed_ that KVMs either had ps/2
> keyboard/mice or they had usb keyboard/mice. Are you implying that
> KVMs with usb mice would still have ps/2 keyboards?

No, I'm not. You'd need an adapter to do that.

> I guess I need to do a little more research.
>
> Greg

There are some KVM's on the market that have both USB capability and
ps/2 ports. Indeed, there are some that also have the older DIN style
port in addition. These last are pretty rare nowadays though.

Have you tried checking out eBay? They can be picked up very cheaply
on there in whichever country you reside.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire