Re: [SLE] ipv6? -- IPv6 is actually a dream (and there's common FUD)
  • From: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 09:12:45 -0400
On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 08:54 -0400, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Yes, IPv6 is being used to address the limitation of IPv4 address of the
> 4 non-IANA regions.

Correction, I meant the 4 non-ARIN regions (not IANA).

> But that's where the _majority_ of IPv6 adoption is. Which is why more
> and more Linux distributions are shipping with the IPv6 LINK LOCAL
> address enabled.
> And IPv6 LINK LOCAL is _not_ for the Internet. ;->

Again, we're talking about distros that turn on IPv6 by default, and
assign the IPv6 LINK LOCAL address.

That has 100% to do with _internal_ use. ;->

--
Bryan J. Smith Professional, technical annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx http://thebs413.blogspot.com

< Previous Next >