Re: [SLE] [somewhat OT] S-Video out [solved]
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 01:03:38 +1000
Hans du Plooy wrote:
Well, kinda...

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 02:18 +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:
I have an S-Video out port on my notebook (at least I think that's what
it is). I know nothing about this technology, so this might be a very
stupid question:

Can I connect the S-Video-out to the AV-in on my VCR? I don't have
S-Video on the VCR. I have search high and low but cannot find a cable
like this, and the shop assistents don't seem to know much.

I'm busy throwing out stuff because I'm moving house, and before I sent
my graphics card's box to file 13, I looked inside to see if the driver
CD was there. Guess what popped out? A S-video to AV connector
converter!

Haven't tested it yet, but it's kind of obvious what it's for... Will
try it out and report back.

Sorry but I missed your original post.

Yes, you can connect the VCR using the S-video connector/converter. I have such a setup. Works very well.

Cheers.

-
Ignorance can be corrected. Stupidity is permanent.

< Previous Next >