Re: [SLE] Brute Force fix for Yast Updater and Zen for Newbies like myself
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 12:11:16 -0400
On Sunday 28 May 2006 12:03, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> You don't even have to install the devel packages that are missing. Just
> delete the rpm's that have dependencies (two in my case) and :
>
> rpm -Uvh *.rpm
>
> Worked for me.

You may be right, Bruce, but this doesn't take into account the original
instructions in the original post (paraphrased) "install and test these
packages" with zerop qualifications about excluding -devel or -debug
packages. It never occurred to me that unnecessary packages would be included
in the directory so I followed the instructions and ran into dependencies...
which, incidentally, only took a minute or two to resolve with apt.

Carl

< Previous Next >