Re: [SLE] New 10.1 x86_64 install has NO usb connectivity
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:09:30 -0400
* Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-29-06 07:17]:
> On Sunday 28 May 2006 22:39, Carl Hartung wrote:
> > If you switch to a console (or open a shell) and 'lsmod | grep usb' you
> > should be able to determine which modules are being loaded (and presumably
> > are working.) Hopefully, the same modules are available with 10.1

appears that usbls, sub_storage and scsi_mod are not being loaded. How
do I force them to load on boot?

> Addendum:
>
> Have you seen this thread, Patrick?:
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/reviews/showproduct.php/product/645
>
> Apparently your board's NVidia nForce4 SLI chipset *is* supported 'out of the
> box' by 10.1.

No, but I already knew that the board was "supported". I built with
the knowledge from a small shop dealer who also does linux sys admin.

:^)

btw: lost grub and the first ide harddrive went flakey. Spent two days
getting grub back :^(. "Linux is a LEARNING experience"

thanks,