Re: [SLE] New 10.1 x86_64 install has NO usb connectivity
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 06:51:12 +0800
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> I now have usb printer access, but usb cardreader and external hard
> drive do not show. Hot-plugging does not seem to make any impact
> either. /proc/bus/sub/ is still empty.

I was bit by this one recently. Try starting pcscd service. I noticed
on my machine (10.1 x86_64 upgraded from 9.3) that usbfs was not being
mounted after booting. A search in /etc/init.d allowed me to find it
apparently now needs this smart card daemon now to mount usbfs (I think
it used to be done in boot.localfs). Try that anyway.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871

< Previous Next >