Re: [SLE] New 10.1 x86_64 install has NO usb connectivity
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 19:02:11 -0400
On Wednesday 31 May 2006 16:33, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> I now have usb printer access, but usb cardreader and external hard
> drive do not show. Hot-plugging does not seem to make any impact
> either. /proc/bus/sub/ is still empty.

Hi Patrick,

Did you notice this?

Knoppix loads: ohci_hcd,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
Kubunto loads: ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd
SUSE loads: ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd

I wonder what would happen if you also added uhci_hcd to INITRD_MODULES?

I suspect Joe's advice might be right on target since he's dealt with the same
problem on comparable harware. But I thought I'd point this difference out in
case it had missed your attention.

Don't give up!

regards,

Carl