Re: [opensuse] Re: packagemanagement in 10.1
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 19:08:10 +0200
Op zaterdag 27 mei 2006 18:58, schreef Thomas Meindl:
> Maybe I missed a point till now, but can any of these package managers
> store the downloaded packages locally?

apt can do this ;)

E.g. you build your own package that is of course stored locally. Install the
package with 'apt install <rpm name>'. Apt will install the app and when it
requires other pkgs they'll be retrieved from the repository.

Another nice is to install based on file name, like:
apt install /usr/bin/smart

apt will investigate which package provides /usr/bin/smart and will install
that one :0

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless