Re: [opensuse] Re: packagemanagement in 10.1
On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 06:58:09PM +0200, Thomas Meindl wrote:
> Maybe I missed a point till now, but can any of these package managers
> store the downloaded packages locally? E.g. Yast Online Update was able
> to do this till SUSE 10.0 and it was easy to create a personalized patch
> CD. It would save bandwidth an time (and lots of my nerves) if it was
> possible to store the packages and repository data on my HD. Can
> anybody give me a hint if it is possible?

This would also be nice not only for updates, but RPM's in general. e.g. I
can download MPlayer and all that is needed into /usr/src/packages/RPMS/*
and can use that as a base for other machines (or whatever)
--
houghi http://houghi.org http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/

> Today I went outside. My pupils have never been tinier...

< Previous Next >