Re: [opensuse] Re: packagemanagement in 10.1
  • From: Thomas Meindl <tom.meindl@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 18:58:09 +0200
Druid schrieb:
>> 3) Until the major issues are solved, there are a few alternatives to
>> YaST2/zypp/ZMD you can use on SUSE Linux 10.1 (and older versions).
>> If you want something that works well, now, use those.
>> Martin gave a few of the options.
>> Let me summarize again (and note that all of those are included with SL
>> 10.1, either on the media or on the FTP tree):
>>
>> Its more or less sumarized here
> http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Management

Maybe I missed a point till now, but can any of these package managers
store the downloaded packages locally? E.g. Yast Online Update was able
to do this till SUSE 10.0 and it was easy to create a personalized patch
CD. It would save bandwidth an time (and lots of my nerves) if it was
possible to store the packages and repository data on my HD. Can
anybody give me a hint if it is possible?
Kind regards

< Previous Next >