Re: [opensuse] Categories and Browse openSUSE
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 15:32:53 +0200
Rajko M wrote:
jdd wrote:

Rajko M wrote:

"I don't want to make mistake"

simply do not delete old categories, only add new ones. they can be any number of categories in the same page

You read fast, but in this case not thorough, Jean :-)

I do. I didn't mean _you_ deleted categories, but you where giving advices to newcommers and I _add_ to your advices that nobody should care _adding_ categories his feels is good.

It should be automatic index too, kind of category of all categories.
If one wants to make the page with the same or similar content and to edit manually is nice, but think first about the resources.

well we didn't speak of the same page.

the mediawiki category page is quite difficult to read (no "pretty printing", only one column top to bottom...), so somebody created a page

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Browse

that I translated and try to enhance:

http://fr.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Browse

as did the german translator

http://de.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Browse

Given the number of categories in such a wiki, we need to use a category tree, starting from http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Uncategorizedcategories

like can be seen here (try the links)
http://fr.opensuse.org/Special:Uncategorizedcategories

but it's always possible to let this "organisation work" alone to most experienced users.

time going, most experienced users should aim to the wiki organisation

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net