Re: [opensuse] Registration in 10.1
On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 08:54:43AM +0200, Siegbert Baude wrote:
> For what purpose do you need a "unique identifier"? As a suggestion, I
> would leave out anything "uniqe" and call the process "net optimization"
> instead of "registration", then everybody would welcome this nice
> feature, instead of sending critical comments.

It would also be lying, because the data is registerd. Also you are able
to send in your registration code, so then your PC is matched with your
personal code wich will be a lot easier when you actually ask for help.

They can now ask: Are you still working X and Y hardware? This saves
tremendous amounts of time and thus money. Both for you as forr the hell
desk.

I don't see this negative naming of calling it registration, especially as
there is an opt-out.

What I would do is calling the 'Later' something that will make it clear
that it is optional, or add a third option (That does the same as the
'later' option) called: `I do not wish to register`.

--
houghi http://houghi.org http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/