Re: [opensuse] 10.1 DVD delay
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 16:13:40 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Sat, 13 May 2006, Christoph Thiel wrote:
On Sat, 13 May 2006, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

I'd also like to add that there are no problems with DL disks
either! There was a note somwhere that the reason why the DVD does
not contain everything that the retail DVD has is because the retail
is DL. To me this is a "reason" that really has nothing to do with
the reality.

Size. The Boxed version is dual layer. It contains all the rest that
is not on the CDs and that is on the FTP site.

By far not. inst-source is 33 GB.

It's 33 GB, because it's no only dual-arch (like the DVD9 on the box), but
tri-arch (x86, x86_64, ppc). In additon to that, the FTP Trees contain
-debuginfo packages and some -devel packages, that didn't fit onto the
DVD9.

You say it - "That didn't fit".

Cheers -e
--