Re: [opensuse] Thank you to the Team
  • From: "Matt Bottrell" <mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 22:51:44 +1000
On 5/13/06, David Wright <david.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd just like to say thank you to Andreas Jaeger and the team, they
have worked really hard and have had to put up with us beta testers
shoving
bucket fulls of new bugzilla tickets under their noses...

Robert Love and Michael Gross worked very hard on getting the NFS
attachment
under the new network manager with DHCP working.

Likewise Christian Boltz, Klaus Kaempf, Marcus Schaefer, Stanislav
Visnovsky,
Stefan Dirsch, Steffan Hundhammer, Harald Mueller-Ney, Ladislav Slezak,
Thorsten Kukuk, Jens Daniel Schmidt, Stephan Binner, Edith Parzefall,
Christoph Tiel, Andreas Klein, Mauro Parra Miranda, Tambet Ingo, Martin
Vidner, Marcel Hilzinger all worked hard to get 10.1 into shape around the
faults I found.

And to Lukas Ocilka for always trying to get my changes put into 10.2 :-D

I totally agree with Dave.

I often read (but don't post) to the group and have found the freshness and
willingness of the OpenSuSE project fantastic compared to other such
projects.

I came on board to SuSE at 9.3 ... having been a RH user since the wee early
days. (been using Linux since '94).

Was totally blown away by 9.3 for it's professional 'polish' and have since
converted dozens across to the SuSE goodness. :)
No looking back I'm here for the long haul.

Once my work committements free a bit -- I would like to spend a bit more
time and get involved more actively in the project...

Well done to all involved in the 10.1 release... some nice items in
there.

Now -- if AMD can get their AMD-V (Pacifica) chips released -- I could run a
decent Xen. :-P