Re: [opensuse] Unofficial - Suse 10.1 DVDs for 32-bit and 64-bit
  • From: "Matt Bottrell" <mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 22:18:13 +1000

Some others you can create:
CD1-3+6
CD1+6
CD1-6 + MPlayer + libcssdvd + mad + ...

That last one could be a nice one.
first make a directory (e.g. ~/media_32bit), then make the following
subdirectories: athlon i386 i486 i586 i686 noarch
Download the needed RPMs into each subdirectory.
Download anything else you might want to add.
run `makeSUSEdvd -a ~/media_32bit` and your multimedia DVD is ready for
use.

houghi

I like your thinking!

I will probably play with the last option tomorrow (after mothers day here
in Oz).

I understand the 'political correctness' of not having the multimedia stuff
in there -- but from an end-user view its a real PITA, and something that
holds back many Joe Six packs from taking up a Linux desktop.

Hard to explain to the user the benefits of a Lin Desktop -- when they come
back with "But I can play DVDs and MP3 straight with Windows XP".

I hope it's something Novell look at addressing in the next release.

--
Matt Bottrell
mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx