Re: [opensuse] Unofficial - Suse 10.1 DVDs for 32-bit and 64-bit
  • From: "Matt Bottrell" <mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 22:07:06 +1000
On 5/13/06, Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I've also added the CD6 (non-OSS) stuff to the build so you have a full
> distro with all the SuSE goodness.
>
> CD 1-5 (OSS) + CD6 (Non-OSS)

I have seen some comments in other places that people had some problems
with such DVDs when registering 10.1 (comment: although no personal data
is submitted in this registration process, I again think that this is
step in the wrong direction!). Do you know about any such problems? It
seems as if a string 'SUSE-Linux-10.1-Add-on' is submitted and this
leads to a "No products to register" on the server side...

Shouldn't be...

I've used the normal (import 1-5) and then split the various archs for the
Non-OSS stuff and added those additional RPMs with the -a command of
makeSUSEdvd.

As such the "Suse-Linux-10.1" will be added, as with this method -- it's the
usual CD -- with just the extra packages thrown in. :)
Happy to be corrected however. ;-)

Cheers,

Matt.

--