Re: [opensuse] Registration in 10.1
On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 07:30:43PM +1000, Matt Bottrell wrote:
> Statistics for usage -- I can understand... though some more thought could
> have gone into it. I understand 'download' numbers are hard to collect and
> in any instance -- 1 download could be installed numerous times.

If I download from Belnet, SUSE won't know. Using YOU (I think) already
gave that info. The info that is now given is what kind of hardware you
use. I just hope we get to see some of this data.

For SUSE it can mean looking on what kind of hardware there is out there
that does have many users and is not yet very well suported (Like my
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 350) and see that it gets better support.

I do not really see any linking between me personally and the data I send.
Yes, they could crossreference with my bugzilla logins. And then what?

houghi