Re: [opensuse] Registration in 10.1
On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 11:23:59PM -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 12 May 2006 23:12, Erhard Sanio wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I realized that in 10.1, I am forced to register at
> > Novell in order to be able to activate Yast Online
> > Update even when I chose the OSS version. This made
> > me abort the installation.

> > Is there a way to circumvent that annoying attempt
> > on my privacy?
>
> Lie?

There is not that much to lie about, as it is just a script that collects
some HW info.
Minimal is:
Processor type (uname -p)
Hardware platform (uname -i)
Hostname (uname -n)
As that is selected by themselves at that moment, who cares?
Mine says : linux-t6zw

A bit strange is that if you ask for more info, there is a connection to
the server.

houghi