Registration in 10.1
  • From: "Erhard Sanio" <erhard.sanio@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:12:42 +0200 (MEST)
Hello,

I realized that in 10.1, I am forced to register at
Novell in order to be able to activate Yast Online
Update even when I chose the OSS version. This made
me abort the installation.

I am SuSE user since 1995, but I absolutely dislike
to be blackmailed to disclose any bit of my privacy.

IP addresses (because dynamic) and hostnames (because
subject of change) are useless for the spies anyway.

Is there a way to circumvent that annoying attempt
on my privacy? Otherwise this means goodbye SuSE.
I would regret, but other Linux projects do not try
to force me to deliver my secrets to them

sincerely, E. Sanio

Dr. Erhard Sanio
Systems Programmer & Consultant Tempelhofer Damm 194 D-12099 Berlin Germany
Email: erhard.sanio@xxxxxxxxxxx Ph.: xx49-30 7521197 Mob.: xx49 175 8862466

Mobile Internet - E-Mail und Internet immer und ├╝berall!
GMX zum Mitnehmen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/pocketweb

< Previous Next >